They are called native social networkers. Some of them are young enough not to remember life without the technology tools that allow them to constantly stay connected. Some of them are older and natural adapters. They are not a group to be targeted, but conversationalists to be listened to. They don't move in herds - they swarm. How are you connecting with the connected collective? If you are unfamiliar with the movement, check out this post on nielsenwire.
Five Tips For Creating Content For Generation C:
- Keep it relevant, useful and entertaining
- Enhance social status within tribes
- Ask for a reaction and have a fun social interface
- Connect Gen C members with each other, not just with a brand
- Enable Gen C to participate in, play with or produce themselves and pass on
They are the most open, yet unreached population segment in America. Churches continue to use expensive, ineffective mass-marketing approaches while this culture uses free, open, relational, and often transparent methods of communication. How are you adapting?
Posted on Mon, November 1, 2010
by Mark Weible filed under